Hi Philipp,

There is a JIRA filed to track the open sourcing or SceneBuilder:

https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-34175

Someone from the SceneBuilder team can comment on the status of this.

-- Kevin

Philipp Dörfler wrote:
Hello list,

I can’t but acknowledge the work put into SceneBuilder especially when seeing
SceneBuilder 2 who apparently underwent a serious and well done design overhaul
(I still want to see a dark theme ;) ). Well done!

As much as I love the new design the Early Access 2.0 version feels very rough
and makes clear that this tool needs a lot of love. I thought about
contributing to OpenJFX for quite some time but would actually rather spend
time on improving SceneBuilder than working on juicy API internals that are
better left to guys that truly know what they do ;) Things like better IDE
integration or making the keyframe based animation API accessible in the GUI
already (To at least partially get to where JavaFX 1 Designer once was or
wanted to be) come to my mind.

As far as I know there are currently no plans of open sourcing Scene Builder
but I wondered if there’s even a chance for it and what would be required for
that to happen? Seeing that the JFX team probably has a very tight schedule and
spent a lot of time open sourcing the core components already I’m afraid that a
OSS SceneBuilder would be kind of impossible. Am I too pessimistic?

Cheers,
~ Philipp