I have some questions about the font rendering system that is used in the
JavaFX system.

We are developing a JavaFX application with a customer owned font.
This font is a TrueType font and includes font hints.
There are usually two options for the font engine in operating systems:
processing hints, or running an auto-hinter.

It appears to me that the JavaFX font rendering system ignores the hints
in the fonts, and runs the auto-hinter instead.It doesn’t invoke the
byte-code interpreter.

My question is about how the font engine works with font hints on Mac OS X
and Windows?

And is it possible to configure the font engine in JavaFX to process
hints?

I tested it under Mac OS X and java version 1.7.0_17.

Thanks
Sybille

This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of this email,
including saving, publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message
or the contents is not permitted.