Hi,

I can't speak for Netbeans and IntelliJ but now that JavaFX ships the
source with the JDK and Eclipse recgonizes this there's a "small"
problem with the way JavaFX is using JavaDoc.

Take for example Window#onCloseRequest

> /**
>      * Called when there is an external request to close this {@code Window}.
>      * The installed event handler can prevent window closing by consuming the
>      * received event.
>      */
>     private ObjectProperty<EventHandler<WindowEvent>> onCloseRequest;
>     public final void setOnCloseRequest(EventHandler<WindowEvent> value) {
>         onCloseRequestProperty().set(value);
>     }
>     public final EventHandler<WindowEvent> getOnCloseRequest() {
>         return (onCloseRequest != null) ? onCloseRequest.get() : null;
>     }
>     public final ObjectProperty<EventHandler<WindowEvent>>
>             onCloseRequestProperty() {

You'll notice that the documentation is only made on the property but
not on the real API methods.

I guess the build process copies the documentation somehow at the right
position when generating the doc (see
http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/api/javafx/stage/Window.html#setOnCloseRequest%28javafx.event.EventHandler%29)
which doesn't help people with an (Eclipse)IDE which takes the source
code as the authority and presents an empty JavaDoc window :-(

This is a major feature loss!

Tom