Thanks David. I know this is painful but in the end we'll be in a better place.

Steve

On 2014-01-10 8:38 AM, David Grieve wrote:
I'm going  to take a pass at bugs assigned to Mick.
https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20RT%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Bug%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20assignee%20%3D%20mickf

If I get through that list, I'll start in on
https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20RT%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Bug%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20assignee%20%3D%20paru

These are just bugs, not tweaks or features.

On Jan 7, 2014, at 4:27 PM, Stephen F Northover <steve.x.northo...@oracle.com>
wrote:

Hello Committers,

I'd like to organize our work for 8u20 this week.  Recall that 8u20 is about
improving the quality of FX rather than implementing new features.

    https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/8u20

Bug Owners:

I suggest that we implement "Bug Pass Friday" where component owners and
reviewers assess their bug backlog, clean up really old bugs that no longer apply and
target the remaining bugs for either 8u20 or 9.  In the case of bugs that don't have
steps or sample code (and otherwise can't be reproduced), we should close them as
'Incomplete and ask nicely for more information:

https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Submitting+a+Bug+Report

Otherwise, please check the priority and adjust accordingly.  Of course,
crashes, exceptions and failed functionality tend to rate high.

Component Owners:

We have bugs that are unassigned or assigned to the wrong person. Component
owners are asked to do a pass and ensure that all bugs that are assigned are
assigned to owners or reviewers.  Of course there will be exceptions and when
in doubt, email the list or contact us and we will update the code ownership
tables.

    https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Code+Ownership

Unassigned bugs can stay that way or be assigned.  It is likely that Kevin and
I will do a pass on the unassigned bugs at a later time but if you know that a
bug belongs to a certain person, assign it.

This Tuesday is our first milestone and it will be uneventful because of the
holidays.  However, starting next week, we should have a good idea about the
work that lies ahead and how much trouble we are in!

Steve and Kevin