There is a StubToolkit. It is not part of the jar that is shipped with the JDK. You will need to build JFX and test against your build.

https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-35010

Steve

On 2014-01-22 11:14 AM, Uwe Sander wrote:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer.
Let me ask another question: how would you do headless testing in JFX 7? There's no Monocle, but I was under the impression there's a StubToolkit?

Uwe

Stephen F Northover<steve.x.northo...@oracle.com> , 22/1/2014 5:04 PM:

    I would like to see StubToolkit go.  Why would you ever want to test
    code in a vastly different environment where the threading model
    is not
    enforced?  Why would you want to headless implementations to test
    against instead of one?

    Having said all that, pragmatic may force us to have two.

    Steve

    On 2014-01-22 10:40 AM, Uwe Sander wrote:
    > Thanks for your answer, Daniel.
    >
    > If there's still a use case for StubToolkit, I'd like to know
    why I get a CNFE when I'm trying to use it in a simple JavaFX
    application (see the link in my previous message). Has anyone
    succeeded in building and using it (outside Oracle)?

    <mailto:daniel.blauk...@oracle.com>> , 22/1/2014 2:49 PM:

    <mailto:usan...@tesis.de>> wrote:

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm interested in headless testing, too. I tried to use
    StubToolkit for including TestFX tests in a headless build, but
    all I got was a CNFE. If anyone is interested to give me a hand on
    this, details can be found at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21137039/how-to-use-stubtoolkit-instead-of-quantum-toolkit-for-my-javafx-application.

    >> As Tom explained, Monocle would provide another way for
    headless testing. Does it replace StubToolkit?
    > Monocle uses the same Quantum toolkit that other JavaFX
    implementation use - not StubToolkit, which is only used in testing.

    > As I see it, there is a place for tests using StubToolkit, and a
    place for tests using a real Toolkit implementation. For example,
    QuantumToolkit has a very specific threading model, but this is
    not enforced by StubToolkit. StubToolkit is useful for isolated
    tests of the upper parts of the JavaFX stack. For a real
    application you need to test on a real Toolkit, and headless
    Monocle is one way to do that.

    > We have https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-35330 open on
    removing StubToolkit. I’m not convinced that is the right thing to
    do. https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-35396 would open up
    possibilities for a new class of automated test, without requiring
    us to rewrite existing tests that use StubToolkit.

    > Thanks,
    > Daniel
    >

    >> Cheers,
    >> Uwe
    >>

    >> Tom Eugelink <t...@tbee.org <mailto:t...@tbee.org>> , 22/1/2014
    8:46 AM:

    >> What also is very interesting is headless testing. Let me see
    if I'm getting this.

    >> Normally Jenkins would start a VNC server (xvnc), which
    provides some kind of graphics API against which an UI program can
    paint. JavaFX is not picking that up however.
    >> But, as I read it, in this case JavaFX starts its own VNC
    server, so it takes of everything itself. All one would need to do
    is specify the

    >>      -Dglass.platform=Monocle -Dmonocle.platform=VNC
    -Dprism.order=sw

    >> And additionally a port to run the VNC server on (so multiple
    Jenkins jobs don't interfere).

    >> Am I correct? How can I test this (aka in which version is the
    VNC server available)?