Hi Uwe,

You need to ensure that jfxrt.jar is not in the ext directory in your jdk8 install or it will get seen first. I am assuming you have deleted it or you could not have built OpenJFX (at least the last time I tried). Anyhow, it looks like a class loader problem. Let's move this discussion to the JIRA.

Steve

On 2014-01-23 4:53 AM, Uwe Sander wrote:
Stephen F Northover<steve.x.northo...@oracle.com <mailto:steve.x.northo...@oracle.com>> , 22/1/2014 5:20 PM:

    There is a StubToolkit.  It is not part of the jar that is shipped
    with the JDK.  You will need to build JFX and test against your build.

    https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-35010

That's what I did. When I run the SimpleControlLauncher class from your RT 35010 comment with "-Djavafx.toolkit=com.sun.javafx.pgstub.StubToolkit", I get the following exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.javafx.pgstub.StubToolkit
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.getToolkit(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.startToolkit(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No toolkit found
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.getToolkit(Unknown Source)

The StubToolkit jar is on the classpath, which I checked by adding

Object newInstance = Class.forName("com.sun.javafx.pgstub.StubToolkit").newInstance();

to the SimpleControlLauncher code. No exception is thrown when I run the class without the command line parameter. I use jdk8 b124 under Windows 7.

Any idea why this is not working? And is this the correct place to discuss about it or should I add a comment to the Jira issue?

Uwe