I'm currently working on a circular pane and am in the phase of writing tests.
For optimalisation the layout does some (cached) calculations in the
computePrefWidth, because, after all, how can a node be laid out if its
container does not know what its min and pref sizes are? This works perfectly
for all the trials I've written, putting the pane directly into the scene, or
part of other panes.

But in the test (using TestFX) the layoutChildren() is called without ever
calling computeMin/PrefWidth... Does that make sense?

Tom