Hi Mike,

Take a look at the packager in the 8u20 EA builds, it’s significantly improved
over the original FX Packager.

We are looking right now at what features we’ll do for the next feature update
for JDK 8 after 8u20.  I believe icon support should already be there in the
original FX Packager, and certainly in the 8u20 version.  File associations are
coming in a future update, certainly very high on the list of features we want
to address.

Joe