We removed it from 8u20 because it wasn't supposed to be part of the production release -- it isn't a supported / tested feature of 8u20 (see RT-37584 <https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-37584>).

I thought that we filed a JIRA to consider adding this functionality in a future release, but I can't find it. Maybe David or Daniel knows?

-- Kevin

Sean True wrote:
Daniel, Christian --

There seems to be a strong use for Monocle in the case of doing headless
testing. I am currently using TestFX, and testing on Jenkins requires
having a remote desktop window open to the headless Windows Jenkins slave.

I had started to explore using Monocle with an earlier build of 8u20 and a
tweaked version of TestFX, and it was very encouraging. Without it, I have
a serious hole in my testing strategy.

-- Sean

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Daniel Blaukopf <daniel.blauk...@oracle.com