Another way to get some native visualization (though a different kind perhaps)
would be to address some limitations in the media APIs. MediaPlayer needs a
mechanism to allow developers to plug in their own codecs. If it played a
"stream" of frames generated from whatever JNI code I wished, I could just feed
it with whatever I rendered in my native code.

Scott