On 2/5/15, 11:47 AM, Erik De Rijcke wrote:
Hi David,

I've just tried to build the soft float version following the instructions on
the wiki. However when doing a 'gradle -PCOMPILE_TARGETS=armv6sf'. It complains
'Error: missing tool packages: [arm-linaro-4.7.tgz]'.

I assume the shellscript that downloads the cross compiler tools is missing
some libraries (?). Installing 'gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi' didn't solve it either.
Not many uses for soft float - Pi and most everyone else has moved to hard
float for the aprox 10% gain in performance.
The instructions on the Wiki deal with creating a tool chain for hard float and
then building with it.

Due to the relative lack of interest in soft float, I have not spent much time
working on the soft float side.
To work around this (at least to start, I don't have time to check it fully out
at the moment)

you would want to create a soft float toolchain using
buildSrc/crosslibs/crosslibs-armv6sf.sh, which you said you did :-)

That should create ../crosslibs. In there create a directory arm-linaro-4.7.
That should shut up the error message.
But... you will still need a cross compiler installed. So you can either make
that directory a link to your cross compiler, or you can use the gradle magic
override you can find in armv6sf.gradle:

if (rootProject.hasProperty("ARMV6SF_COMPILER")) {
    logger.quiet "Using alternate ARMV6SF_COMPILER
$rootProject.ARMV6SF_COMPILER"
    compilerHome=file(rootProject.ARMV6SF_COMPILER);
}
if (rootProject.hasProperty("ARMV6SF_COMPILER_PREFIX")) {
    logger.quiet "Using alternate ARMV6SF_COMPILER_PREFIX
$rootProject.ARMV6SF_COMPILER_PREFIX"
    compilerPrefix="${rootProject.ARMV6SF_COMPILER_PREFIX}"
}

So you would add -PARMV6SF_COMPILER=/path_to_your_cross_compiler
-PARMV6SF_COMPILER_PREFIX="arm-linux-gnueabi-"
to your gradle line, changing stuff as needed.

Dave

Erik

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 3:46 PM, David Hill <david.h...@oracle.com