No, thanks for the hint. I just did and the behavior is a bit better in the
sense that the sample start is not cut off on subsequent play invocations
(behaves more or less line instantiating a new mediaplayer for each
invocation, which is good) but when I loop using setCycleCount the sample
start is also not clean (seams to be varying, though).

For my uses case I will probably need both MediaPlayer and Audioclip,
because I have typical cases for AudioClip (e.g. short notification sounds)
and long looping background samples.

Wow, I just discovered, that the behavior with the sample start sounding
different on the first invocation also happens when I play the sample using
the player integrated in Finder, so I owe you a big apology. I am sorry! I
can also no longer reproduce the looping failure after my last reboot :-S.

Btw. the latency of AudioClip on the Mac (2012 MBP) is not quite low enough
to implement something like a drum kit using the keyboard. I don't know if
that is the benchmark you are after or if that is also a limitation of the
hosting system. I need to test that with other applications. The latency I
get with AudioClip is good enough for my current use case, though.

@Joe: I am using 10.10.1, just realized I never answered that

Best regards,

Robert

--