> On Feb 3, 2016, at 11:40 AM, Chris Bensen <chris.ben...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 2, 2016, at 7:27 PM, Scott Palmer <swpal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Note that this is a RPM-based system, apt-get is not available, yum is.
>>
>> yum install libX11
>
> What is the Linux system you are running?

It is a version of CentOS.  (Created within my company with minor tweaks for
branding purposes.)

>> It seems to be that javapackager has made a mistake and is claiming to
>> depend on the 32-bit packages even though it really requires the 64-bit
>> packages.
>
> That’s what it’s sounding like to me. Looking at the code for the RPM bundler
> there isn’t anything I can find offhand that would suggest this. Bundling
> with 32/64-bit is triggered off the JDK used. Note that you have to bundle
> the same bitness JRE as the JDK. It should fail if it isn’t but that isn’t
> the case yet and that isn’t your problem. It appears the RPM generated is
> 32-bit. Unless you are bundling a 32-bit JRE and the RPM bundler keys off the
> native libraries used. Can you check the launcher executable? I think it’d be:
>
> $ file myserver-1.0-1.x86_64/app/myserver

I had to extract the launcher from the .rpm.  There is no version of it that is
sitting around in the output folder.

myserver: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15,
BuildID[sha1]=0x7e6522a86eca91b45cfb4dfa5defbddac0b1294a, not stripped

So the 64-bit launcher is bundled.

> Can you file a minimum test case along with the Linux system used so we can
> prioritize with other bugs and find a solution?

I’ll try to put something together.  I’m still eager to find a workaround that
I can implement with 8u72.

Scott