This must be something else then.  How many cores are on the that MacBook? I’m
thinking maybe there are four cores and 25% CPU could indicate that there is
one thread stuck in a busy loop.  That could explain the heat.

Do you have any animations running?  A static application just sitting there
shouldn’t have noticeable CPU usage. I have tons of stuff running now, not
JavaFX though, and CPU usage is around 2%.
What is the minimal application that exhibits the issue?

Scott