Hi Alexander,

Since this is an enhancement, it needs to go through the FC extension process indicated here:

http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/fc-extension-process

First and foremost, we will need to assess the impact of the change and whether this is the right time to consider such a change. I note that since this does not add additional functionality, but just refactors existing functionality to be easier to maintain, we might at least consider it when/if the recently announced schedule slip for JDK 9 becomes effective.

-- Kevin

Alexander Nyssen wrote:
Hallo Kevin, Alexander Z, Vadim,

I have created an initial patch for the replacement of AbstractEvents with
direct usage of JavaFX representations:

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8166242 http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~anyssen/8166242/webrev.00/

Best Regards,
Alexander