Hi John,

In regard to your input issue. If it's a possibility, I'd recommend looking
at 'libinput'. It's an generic input abstraction library. It might be more
up to date and provide quirk fixes for (all kind of) input hardware.
https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/
It's already the default input library used by X.org and Wayland
compositors but is in no way dependend on them.

regards,

Erik