Hi Scott,

I run windowed JavaFX desktop apps on the Raspberry Pi 3 (Latest Raspbian
+ PIXEL desktop without experimental driver) using the GTK platform and
software pipeline with an OpenJFX build from my server at
https://chriswhocodes.com/

Just download an ARM nightly:

wget
https://chriswhocodes.com/downloads/openjfx-8-sdk-overlay-linux-armv6hf.zip

and unzip it over your JDK

unzip openjfx-8-sdk-overlay-linux-armv6hf.zip -d /home/pi/jdk1.8.0_121

and then add the switches -Dprism.platform=gtk -Dprism.order=sw to your
java command.

Cheers,

Chris