Hi Michael,

Yes, this is a server bug and a backport to 8u and 9 is also being consider at this moment. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks,
- Chien

On 4/18/17, 2:22 AM, Michael Paus wrote:
Hi

In
"Excessive memory consumption in TriangleMesh/MeshView"
you wrote:
There is a missing divide (by VERTEX_SIZE_VB) when computing the growth of vertexBuffer array as needed. Hence it has the potential of creating a vertexBuffer and some cached data to 9 times as big as designed. However this bug only affect Mesh with VertexFormat.POINT_NORMAL_TEXCOORD.

This somehow contradicts your last comment in
"[3D] TriangleMesh/MeshView high memory/CPU usage"
Application should use the new user-defined normals format for dynamic mesh to avoid high memory and CPU usage.

I hope the bug fix will also be backported to Java 8.
Michael