FWIW Java 2D ships OGL support on Windows (turned on by a flag) and our SQE
have occasionally dutifully run tests in that mode and regularly turn up
bugs that look like driver bugs. As a consequence FX decided to not ship it.
So although FX builds OGL support on all platforms it is excluded from the
windows product distribution.

-phil.