The changes are fine with me.

-phil.

On 12/11/2017 02:02 PM, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
This looks good to me. Phil will also take a look since he reviewed the Java2D version of the fix.

I ran regression tests on all three platforms with no problems. I also ran three different perf tests on Linux, all of which showed the expected improvement.

-- Kevin

Laurent Bourgès wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Here is the updated patch providing MarlinFX-0.8.2 to OpenJFX-10 that
provides an efficient path clipper fixing the bug JDK-8184429:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lbourges/marlinFX/marlinFX-082-8184429.0/

It is up-to-date with jfx-dev / jdk forrest (10) and recent changes
from the Marlin 0.8.2 patch under review (2d).

Changes:
- (D)MarlinPrismUtils share lots of code from (D)MarlinRenderingEngine
to initialize clipping & Marlin Stroker / Filler pipelines
- It does not include the ClipShapeTest (2d) as it needs rewritting to
use JavaFX API.

PS: Use the Test class (from jbs bug) to see large performance gains

Cheers,
Laurent

And once we are happy with the 2D webrev, it should be pretty
straight-forward to review it for FX.

-- Kevin

Phil Race wrote:
I think they should be separate webrevs sent to the separate lists and
you should start with 2D
as I can then run the JDK regression tests on it. I know you can
theoretically run the open regression
tests too (are you ?) but there are some random scattered closed
regression tests that so far
as I can see can be open sourced .. that I can run but you can't ..
I'll at least run the
automated ones. I wouldn't call them anything very focused on testing
rasterization but
I can at least check off that concern ..

And yes, I'll make time to review it.

-phil.