Nir Lisker wrote:

    If there isn't an existing JBS issue, then please file one

I thought I would point to "8188314: Fix typos in FX API docs" even though the exact changes I'm proposing are not listed there, but I can submit a new bug just for those if it really matters (it will be another Fix Typos issue).

We'll need a new JBS bug, since that one is already resolved with a changeset (every changeset needs a unique bug ID). Feel free to use the same synopsis if you like.

    I also note that with simple javadoc changes, this can be done
    prior to your OCA being recorded if you like

Yes, as a Participant. Iv'e signed the Sun CA some 7 years ago and this week signed the OCA in case it didn't transfer over. It's not crucial to handle it right now since the changes are trivial.

Good.

    I haven't gotten to your email from yesterday

It's a bit of a loaded one so it can wait after the RDP. I only needed the minimum info to get these fixes before the RDP.

OK.

-- Kevin

- Nir

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:43 PM, Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com <mailto:kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com>> wrote:

    > I also note that tith simple javadoc changes...

    "with" simple ...

    -- Kevin

    Kevin Rushforth wrote:

        Nir Lisker wrote:

            > This shows a lack of understanding about our processes

            Yes it does, which is why I asked about it yesterday. I'll
            send a webrev.

        Ah, I haven't gotten to your email from yesterday, since I was
        on vacation and am still catching up. If you can send a
        webrev, and a pointer to a JBS issue, I'll attach it for you.
        If there isn't an existing JBS issue, then please file one
        (and I'll see that it gets moved into the JDK project
        quickly). I also note that tith simple javadoc changes, this
        can be done prior to your OCA being recorded if you like.

        Thanks.

        -- Kevin

            Thanks,
            Nir

            On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Kevin Rushforth
            <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com
            <mailto:kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com>
            <mailto:kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com
            <mailto:kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com>>> wrote:

                Why would you even try to push a changeset without
            getting it
                reviewed first???

                This shows a lack of understanding about our processes and
                policies. Only committers have permission to push
            changesets, and
                only after review. Please familiarize yourself with
            the policies
                and procedures surrounding contributing to OpenJFX [1]
            [2] [3] [4]
                [5]. Once you are familiar with these policies and
            have signed the
                Oracle Contributor Agreement (OCA) you can work with
            someone to
                sponsor your change.

                -- Kevin

                [1] http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/
            <http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/>
                <http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/
            <http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/>>
                [2]
            http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html
            <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html>
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html
            <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html>>
                [3]
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Submitting+a+Bug+Report

<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Submitting+a+Bug+Report>
<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Submitting+a+Bug+Report

<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Submitting+a+Bug+Report>>
                [4]
            https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Code+Reviews
            <https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Code+Reviews>
<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Code+Reviews
            <https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Code+Reviews>>
                [5]
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Committing+the+Code
            <https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Committing+the+Code>
<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Committing+the+Code
            <https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Committing+the+Code>>

                Nir Lisker wrote:

                    Iv'e created a small documentation fix and tried
            to push it to
                    http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/jfx-dev/rt
            <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/jfx-dev/rt>
                    <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/jfx-dev/rt
            <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/jfx-dev/rt>>. I got an
            error:

                    abort: push creates new remote head 2152a80ee902!
                    hint: pull and merge or see 'hg help push' for
            details about
                    pushing new
                    heads
                    [command returned code 255 Tue Jan 09 19:40:10 2018]

                    What can be the problem?