OK, after Wolfgang’s comments, I will unleash my rant again in the
“appropriate” thread as I feel that the lack of JavaFX adoption is very much
due to the nature of the toolkit itself:

<rant>

Well, not only do I think that a docking framework is *that* complex, I see it
as an essential part of any serious graphics toolkit.

In general, I don’t understand all the limitations that people keep imposing on
JavaFX as if we have to “settle” for what is basically a 2nd class citizen
compared with toolkits in other languages.

Why can’t we just make JavaFX so compelling that developers from other
languages are enticed by the feature set itself? There is no reason (other than
a lack of effort) why JavaFX cannot be on par with Qt or Xamarin in terms of
features, performance, tooling and adoption.

Am I the only one that believes the world’s most popular and amazing
programming language, platform and the JVM deserves a first class graphics
toolkit?

I understand the constraints imposed on Oracle staff but isn’t there anyone
else out there in the community who shares my vision for JavaFX?

It seems the general attitude is that JavaFX just needs to be a “better Swing”.

Forget about this nonsense of “thinking outside the box”.

There is NO BOX!

JavaFX can and should be the best that we as a community can make it.

And then we just keep making it better...

If we don’t adopt such a vision and attitude then what is the point of doing
anything at all? Just leave JavaFX to rot into oblivion and relegate Java to a
server-side language only.

</rant>

I’m sure Jyloo and others would be much more successful and get real ROI on
their investment in JavaFX if JavaFX itself was “better” and more competitive.

We don’t want developers in general to ask “Hmm, so I need a graphics toolkit.
I mostly know Java pretty well so I guess that means JavaFX will just have to
do even though I’d use Qt if I knew C++ because it’s sooo much better”.

What we want is “Hmm, so I need a graphics toolkit. Let’s see what’s out there.
Hey, this JavaFX thing looks awesome! It has all the features I need, performs
really well, runs on most platforms and can be programmed by any JVM language!
And there’s all those amazing IDEs and tools and Java developers are really
easy to find. Yes, I think I’ll choose JavaFX for this new multi-million dollar
system!”