The bug you mentioned is indeed fixed in JDK 10 but since I upgraded my
Mac to Hight Sierra there seems to be a new one. I always get something
like:

Exec failed with code 2 command [[/usr/bin/SetFile, -c, icnC, /var/folders/0q/r4k4hbd13_s0p0thlz2hs8b80000gn/T/fxbundler10792917345996316721/images/myApp/.VolumeIcon.icns] in unspecified directory

My Mac now uses APFS and I wonder whether SetFile can cope with that.
According to the docs it has long been deprecated and should not be used
anymore anyway. The build as a whole succeeds though. It just cannot
handle the volume icon although it exists and has always worked before.

Michael