Hello all,

I've recently started a project in JavaFX and had some trouble with inconsistent widths of spaces between characters in Linux. I haven't been able to find much useful information and therefore posted a stackoverflow question with a screenshot illustrating the problem and some simple example code to reproduce the issue. I think it's better explained with the picture, that's why I won't repeat myself here and point you instead to my question on that page:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49136131/bad-character-spacing-kerning-in-javafxs-font-rendering-in-linux

One of the members of stackoverflow advised me to ask this question on your mailing list. My question is if this behavior is inherent to the way JavaFX renders text on Linux. And if there is some workaround/setting which I could use to circumvent this issue.

Thanks in advance and regards
Arne Augenstein