Hi Nir,

This seems like a simple enough RFE, and I am not aware of anyone else working on it, nor any barriers that would make it difficult.

As with any RFE that adds API (or implements a new feature) the API additions will need to be approved first. Currently we use the CSR process [1][2], but we will want to change that at some point. Note that as indicated in the "More community participation in JavaFX" thread [3], new API / new features will still have a higher bar for acceptance than bug fixes.

Also, any new feature needs to be accompanied by API docs and tests.

Thanks!

-- Kevin

[1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/Main
[2] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/CSR+FAQs
[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2018-February/021335.html

Nir Lisker wrote:
Hello,

I would like to work on https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8130379,
which adds convenience API to the Bounds class. Any comments?

- Nir