Nobody is arguing against splash screens.  I’m simply suggesting that the JVM
startup is not slow enough that we need special handling of this in native code.

If Java can get a window displayed in under half a second there is no need for
the added complexity to support a native splash screen in the launcher.

The idea that cinit code *can* be slow is not really the issue here unless it
isn’t possible to get a window displayed quickly even when there is no
significant initialization other than to get that window= shown.  Don’t put
heavy initialization in the main class when you want a splash screen.  Use a
pre-main class that shows the splash screen and calls the “real” main class.

It makes sense to understand if we have this problem before making a complex
solution.

Scott