Amno,

It is not a zero-sum choice. FXML is a part of JavaFX. FXML does not add
anything, per se (in terms of nodes, controls, etc.) FXML allows for
decoupling
the specific UI configuration (in terms of what nodes contain which and
their
positions, etc.). Basically it is the most sustainable (in terms of
increasing
application size/scope) practice to use FXML for setting up the initial
scenes
(and perhaps also wiring event listeners)

In the Android world it is equivalent to using the Layout Editor (similar
to FXML)
versus making the scene programmatically by calling constructors, setting
ownership,
positions, constraints, etc. There is nothing that can be done using FXML
that can't
be done using pure Java.

Cheers,
Michael Ennen