Is there a reason not to make the jmod files available as artifacts on
Maven Central?

The idea being that I can then use dependency management in my Gradle
script and not require the extra setup and configuration of a JavaFX SDK -
yet still be able to use the jmod files as input to jlink.  I would rather
create a runtime with the native libraries in place than use the modular
jars and have the penalty of extracting native libraries at runtime.

It seems I may need to use both the modular jars and the jmods because
apparently jmods can't be used at runtime.  That makes debugging awkward.

Regards,

Scott