A comment on the JDK-8231644 issue was added by Jeanette Winzenburg

> hmm .. no testing done but: the data object looks pathological - it's
always problematic to have nodes as data (even though technically
possible). That will explode with the known glitches with
graphics/disclosureNode in treeTableRow

I would like to know more about what you are saying here:

1) That OurDataObject and AlsoOurDataObject as data model/type to
TreeTableView<OurObjectType> is pathological?

2) "Having nodes as data". Are you referring to using a Label node in the
Column CellValueFactory?
column.setCellValueFactory(param -> new ReadOnlyObjectWrapper<>(
                new OurDataObjectLabel(param.getValue().getValue())));

Instead of using:
column.setCellValueFactory(new TreeItemPropertyValueFactory<>("name"));

The reason we are using OurDataObjectLabel, is because we want to style a
specific type of data determined by AlsoOurDataObject.

3) What known glitches?

/Sverre