The performance tracker was identified back in the JDK 9 time frame as a possible candidate for a public API. The following request is tracking it:

If someone wants to spend the effort to take this feature request and drive it to completion, including discussing the feature, proposing a public API (which is not "just make the existing impl class public"), filing a CSR, implementing it (you can very likely leverage the existing internal implementation), testing it, and getting it reviewed, then that would be possible.

-- Kevin