Am 18.07.20 um 17:57 schrieb Kevin Rushforth:

On 7/18/2020 8:50 AM, Michael Paus wrote:
Am 18.07.20 um 17:10 schrieb Kevin Rushforth:
Note that the SW pipeline still has a Pisces-based renderer for the actual rendering of primitives. This is separate
from the rasterizer and is not affected by this proposed fix.

Just out of curiosity - why is this still needed? Wouldn't it be nice to remove Pisces completely?

We still fall back to the SW pipeline for a few cases, such as virtual environments without HW graphics support (Windows Remote Desktop, VMWare, VirtualBox), systems with insufficient graphics HW or drivers (mainly on Linux, but also on some Windows servers).
I think you misunderstood my question. Of course I know that JavaFX has a SW pipeline which is used under certain conditions. My question was why this SW pipeline still uses Pisces. The Marlin renderer has replaced Pisces in all other areas, as far as I know. Why not also in the SW pipeline. In how far are the requirements of the SW pipeline different from the ones in AWT for example?

Michael