On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 00:12:01 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think that two of the classes have implicit constructors that are there by
> accident. Once we get agreement, I'll file
> a follow-on bug for those, and those changes should be reverted.

I finished reviewing the rest of the classes and I had no additional comments
about them, so I agree about deprecating
for removal those 2 classes' constructors.

> As for the other comments, I would prefer a follow-up bug for any doc cleanup
> that isn't part of adding in an explicit
> constructor. Tempting as it might be to fix it, it seems out of scope.

That's fine. I left inline comments about those.

> That leaves the question about the wording. The more I think about it the
> more I like what the JDK did as opposed to
> what we did. The question then becomes: if we agree that it's a better
> pattern, do we adopt it here and then clean it
> up for the other two batches or just leave it as is for now, and file one
> cleanup bug for later. I'd like to hear from
> @aghaisas and @nlisker

Since it will require an additional cleanup issue anyway, I don't think it
matters when we do it, but since we're here
I see no reason not to start already.