On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 02:11:12 GMT, Thiago Milczarek Sayao <tsa...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Test on 16.04 (without Webkit - it does not build on 16.04 anymore)
>>
>> Updated April 2nd.
>>
>> ![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/30704286/78316727-c14db300-7536-11ea-86e9-4d5c56e4d92c.png)
>>
>> Note: DatePickerTest works when run alone.
>
> I will keep testing it, but I think it's looking good.

I see a lot of work going into this.

In order for this to progress beyond the prototype or concept phase, we will
need to have a discussion on the openjfx-dev mailing list in a separate email
thread that is not directly tied to the PR -- meaning not a reply to the RFR
thread and not a comment in the PR.

@tsayao When you are ready, please send a short email (not a reply to any
existing message) to openjfx-dev@openjdk.java.net with the following:

1. A short summary of the proposed enhancement
2. The goals of the proposed enhancement
3. A description of the proposed changes (basically, the bullet items from the
description of this PR)
4. A pointer to this PR for reference

I want to focus the openjfx-dev discussion on getting general agreement on the
overall approach rather than on the details of the code changes. This is a big
change, so getting feedback on the overall goals and approach is important;
review comments in the PR aren't the best way to have that discussion.

We aren't following the formal JEP process for JavaFX features, but the JEP
template in [JEP 2](https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/2) is a good format to follow
for large or high-impact features to make sure that the motivation, goals, and
tradeoffs are documented.

Finally, I note that this will eventually need a CSR, but that can be done once
there is agreement on the approach, and when this is farther along in the
review process.