On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 22:13:09 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Thanks, Kevin. I'll merge the two workflow files.
>>
>> The test results aren't what I expected:
>>
>> ![some-checks-were-not-successful](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1413266/110386542-424dde00-8015-11eb-9cef-97d2ff2a5d27.png)
>>
>> I assumed the wrapper validation would fail and prevent the builds from
>> running. Should I try to make the three build steps dependent on the success
>> of the wrapper validation? There might be a way to make the steps sequential
>> and conditional.
>
> If it isn't too hard to make the running of the other three jobs dependent on
> the wrapper validation job, that would be good, as long as the validation job
> is fast. The other three still need to run in parallel with each other.
>
> Alternatively, you could make the wrapper validation a task that is
> replicated in each of the three jobs.

Okay, this is looking better! The validation took only 23 seconds, and GitHub
shows the following results:

![some-checks-were-not-successful-2](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1413266/110390566-0b7ac680-801b-11eb-8090-f1548046094e.png)

The screenshot below shows the notification I received by e-mail:

![run-failed-message](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1413266/110390602-17ff1f00-801b-11eb-9870-c5f955b4739c.png)

Now we'll see whether the three build jobs still run in parallel when the
wrapper validation succeeds. My next commit will restore the Gradle Wrapper JAR
file.