On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 22:58:47 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> When DialogPane#getButtonTypes().setAll() is called twice with the same
>> argument(s), DialogPane#lookupButton does not return the node which is shown
>> inside the button bar.
>> This is due DialogPane adding two list change listeners to 'buttons'
>> (#getButtonTypes). They have the wrong order, which will result in the
>> button bar not changing at all and the 'buttonNodes' list will recreate the
>> dialog button(s).
>> Finally, this will make DialogPane#lookupButton returning the 'wrong'
>> button, which is in fact not used inside the dialog button bar.
>
> modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/DialogPane.java
> line 1062:
>
>> 1060:         boolean hasDefault = false;
>> 1061:         for (ButtonType cmd : getButtonTypes()) {
>> 1062:             Node button = buttonNodes.get(cmd);
>
> Why was this change needed?

This change is not needed for the fix.

I removed it, because #computeIfAbsent() isn't needed anymore.
The (now) first listener will run and create/remove buttons based off the
changes to #getButtonTypes().
The second listener (which is calling this method) will use all created buttons
(to put them inside the ButtonBar).

-> So only a simple #get() is needed.
#computeIfAbsent() basically masked this bug before, as it was also creating a
button, if missing. But as mentionend, when we are here, all buttons should be
already created by the first listener.