On Tue, 25 May 2021 11:30:25 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <ara...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Update documentation
>
> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/SpotLight.java line 49:
>
>> 47:  * <p>
>> 48:  * In addition to the attenuation factors defined in {@code PointLight},
>> the {@code Spotlight}'s intensity is also
>> 49:  * affected by 3 factors:
>
> I think instead of phrasing it as "**affected** by 3 factors", it should be
> phrased as something like,
> `the SpotLight is defined by 3 more properties`  Or
> `the SpotLight possesses 3 more properties`  ?

I think that a big part of the difficulty in explaining what is happening is
that we are dancing around the mathematical formulation instead of giving it
directly :)
I will update the `SpotLight`'s docs to be more mathematical, but it requires
to also update `PointLight`'s docs to be entirely clear. My intention is to
update the docs for all the lights and material after we finish adding this one
and `DirectionalLight` since it will be possible to do similarities and
differences comparisons between them.