I think that the convenience methods should just cover the most common cases, so I'd rather skip the dotted and dashed variants. It is a good question as to whether there ought to be a variant that takes width. I wouldn't do that as the only method, though. I'd lean towards not taking the width. Once you start getting into more parameters you can just use the constructors without much more trouble.

As for the names, I have a slight preference for Border.stroke and Background.fill.

-- Kevin