On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:22:31 GMT, Andreas Heger
<github.com+85555697+andreas-he...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The inconsistent illumination happens on Macs with retina displays only if
> the 3D shape is placed in a SubScene. The light sources are located with
> wrong coordinates in sub scenes and this causes a different illumination. The
> wrong coordinates for the light sources come from the fact that the retina
> pixel scale factors are not used in a SubScene.
>
> With this pull request, the retina pixel scale factors will be also used in
> SubScenes and this should resolve the bug
> [https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8255015](url)

@andreas-heger Welcome to the `jfx` project. At a quick glance, the fix looks
promising. Have you tested this on Windows with Hi-DPI to make sure there is no
impact? Would you be able add an automated test case that fails (only on Mac
retina) without the fix and passes (on all platforms) with your fix? Hi-DPI
fixes are often tricky to test in an automated test, so if not, we can use the
existing manual test.

@nlisker this is the same problem I noted while testing PR #334. Clearly I had
forgotten that it was not only a preexisting bug, but a known bug that was
already filed. I intend to test this alone and in connection with your PR.