On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:58:38 GMT, Jeanette Winzenburg <faste...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Hmm, but leaving a test without an assert is also bad. You have any
>> suggestions?
>> I may can add another editable test, which will pass before and after.
>

>> Hmm, but leaving a test without an assert is also bad. You have any
>> suggestions?
>
> Not aware of such a rule - if we fix code throwing an exception there is not
> much to assert, except that it fails before and passes after. And paddling
> back a bit, I think a separate test for the back switch would be overdoing it
> :)
>
>          @Test
>          // configure: just as you do
>          comboBox.setEditable(true)
>          // the test: just as you do - switch to false
>          comboBox.setEditable(false)
>          // safe-guard against future implementation changes: switch back to
> true
>          comboBox.setEditable(true)
>          // end of test

There is no rule, but in my opinion it is also not a good practise.
I agree it's also not a big problem, but in general a test should check
something.
And I think it's not a problem to check, that we still have no value inside
ComboBox, even though is not really related.

In JUnit 5, there would be `assertDoesNotThrow​()` for that usecase. But I may
found a solution for our version, there is  `@Test(expected =
Test.None.class)`, which basically tells us explicitly, that we don't expect
any exception (and so, the code under test did throw an exception one time in
the past).