On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:24:35 GMT, Pankaj Bansal <pban...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The bug is a regression as a result of fix done for JDK-8227366 and is
>> reproducible on Linux and Mac. This fix is being reverted in this change and
>> a new bug (JDK-8271054) has been created to redo the JDK-8227366
>>
>> An automated testcase is being added to make sure similar regression is not
>> introduced when working on the redo bug. The automated testcase fails
>> without the current change and passes after the change.
>>
>> The testcase works fine on Mac and Linux, but I see some issues in windows.
>> The stage is minimised after calling stage.show without calling
>> stage.setAlwaysOnTop(true). I see that there are other tests like
>> DualWindowsTest.java which are failing for same reason. Also, if I remove
>> the stage.setAlwaysOnTop(true) from tests like
>> FocusParentWindowOnChildCloseTest.java,  the stage remains minimised there
>> as well. This seems wrong as calling stage.setAlwaysOnTop(true) should not
>> be required to bring stage window in focus on running the test. This may be
>> an issue on my Window machine or something similar. I hope reviewers can
>> shed some light on this.
>
> Pankaj Bansal has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Fixed review comments 1) Increase delay 2) Fix Formatting 3) Make test
> stable on Windows according to suggestions

The test changes look good (one minor formatting comment), and it now runs
reliably for me on all three platforms.

tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/javafx/stage/WrongStageFocusWithApplicationModalityTest.java
 line 95:

> 93:         Util.runAndWait(() -> {
> 94:             robot.mouseMove((int) (alert.getX()+alert.getWidth()/2),
> 95:                     (int) (alert.getY()+alert.getHeight()/2));

Minor: we usually put spaces around binary operators.

Marked as reviewed by kcr (Lead).