Well, that is going to be a fun one to debug ... In my application I check for a headless environment with GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getScreenDevices(). If you call that one before you initialize your application, the preferences detection does no longer update. So if you augment your PlatformPreferencesChangedTest application with this main method, it no longer works. Also, it throws another exception when clicking on the fail button.

|    public static void main(String[] args) {
GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getScreenDevices();
        Application.launch(args);
    }|

On 10/02/2024 18:44, Michael Strauß wrote:
Since I can't reproduce the error on macOS, it's hard to say what
could be causing it.

If you have the chance, maybe you could run the
PlatformPreferencesChangedTest application:
https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/blob/master/tests/manual/events/PlatformPreferencesChangedTest.java

That might rule out that the differences we're seeing have anything to
do with the way we're using the API.

On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 6:23 PM Christopher Schnick<crschn...@xpipe.io>  wrote:
I checked again, restarted everything, but still the same problem:

Furthermore, I also tested it on my Asahi Fedora Linux with the latest KDE
Plasma. The preferences values there are all detected correctly, but are never
updated at runtime when changed in the settings menu.