Hi,

I agree with what others are saying that perhaps creating and adding this
control is not a priority now for the JavaFX team.
In an ideal world where the JavaFX team had more resources to implement
things (like the team JavaFX had at the time of JavaFX 8 and before), this
would make sense. Given the limited resources, IMHO time would be perhaps
better spent elsewhere, adding much needed features to the core of JavaFX.
Things that can only be implemented by the developers working on the SDK.
Given this is a control that can be implemented by library developers and
given there are already third parties that provide this I don't think
creating this should be a priority.

Providing more hooks for developers to extend javafx functionality (to
counteract the fact that JavaFX is so closed up for extension),
implementing missing features in the JavaFX SDK, perhaps even things that
would make it easier for library developers to implement a RichTextArea,
would IMHO be more of a priority.

My 2 cents,

Thanks, kind regards,

--