On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 21:04:28 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Adds Labeled.truncated property which indicates when the text is visually
> truncated (and the ellipsis string is inserted) in order to fit the available
> width.
>
> The new property reacts to changes in the following properties:
> - ellipsisString
> - font
> - text
> - width
> - wrapText
>
> For some reason, line 859 generates a javadoc "co comment" warning, despite
> the javadoc comment present at the property declaration in line 832.
>
> I don't think it's worth creating a headful test (headless won't work) due to
> relative simplicity of the code.
>
> **Alternative**
>
> The desired functionality can be just as easily achieved on an application
> level, by adding a similar property to a subclass.  What is the benefit of
> adding this functionality to the core?

Overall change looks good to me.
Do you think change in `labelPaddingProperty`or `graphicProperty` should also
trigger check in newly added truncated property? I believe the properties which
are already bound should take care of this. Just wanted to confirm here.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1389#pullrequestreview-1916415972