On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:59:20 GMT, Nir Lisker <nlis...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This enhancement should be discussed in the mailing list. I've never needed
> this myself, but it already had an old JBS ticket, so I can see that others
> did and for a legitimate reason (adding tooltips). I don't mind if it's added
> or not.

Yes, this warrants a mailing list discussion, especially given the following
comment in the PR Description:

> **Alternative**
>
> The desired functionality can be just as easily achieved on an application
> level, by adding a similar property to a subclass.  What is the benefit of
> adding this functionality to the core?

I also don't mind one way or the other. If it is felt to be a useful
convenience, especially to make it easier to optionally enable Tooltip
generation, it seems OK to me.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1389#issuecomment-1979157887