Gesendet: Freitag, 08. März 2024 um 02:49 Uhr
Von: "John Neffenger" <j...@status6.com>
An: openjfx-dev@openjdk.org
Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: Validation Support
On 3/7/24 3:40 PM, Marius Hanl wrote:
This design is mostly superior than e.g. Swing, where you can override things and easily break something if not too careful.
Pretty sure that this were some lessons learned from the development of Swing.

That's what I remember, too, but I can't find any sources for it online, so maybe I'm just imagining things. 🙂

Rather than subclasses breaking things, though, I remember reading that the decision to allow the Swing classes to be so extensible had made it difficult for Oracle to maintain and enhance Swing itself. The JavaFX developers decided early on not to repeat that mistake.

Do I remember correctly? Does anyone have links or even first-hand knowledge?

John