On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:50:37 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Using Eclipse IDE to remove unused imports in **demo apps** (3D, Ensemble,
> etc.) and update the copyright year to 2024. Using wildcard for more than 10
> static imports.
>

> --
>
> This is a trivial change (though fairly large), 1 reviewer is probably enough.

I spot-checked a few files and left a couple inline questions. They apply to
all of the cleanup PRs.

apps/samples/Ensemble8/src/app/java/ensemble/samplepage/Description.java line
35:

> 33:
> 34: import static ensemble.samplepage.SamplePage.INDENT;
> 35: import static ensemble.samplepage.SamplePageContent.title;

I see that the static imports (for ensemble.xxx) were moved up to the top. Is
that deliberate?

apps/samples/Ensemble8/src/app/java/ensemble/samplepage/Description.java line
55:

> 53: import ensemble.SampleInfo;
> 54: import ensemble.SampleInfo.URL;
> 55: import ensemble.generated.Samples;

I see that `ensemble.xxx` is moved after `javafx.xxx`; similarly, elsewhere I
see `com.sun.xxx` imports moved after. What's the algorithm your IDE uses to
sort imports? sort stuff that starts with "java" first and then everything else
alphabetically?

apps/samples/Ensemble8/src/samples/java/ensemble/samples/graphics2d/puzzle/Piece.java
 line 48:

> 46: /**
> 47:  * Node that represents a puzzle piece
> 48:  */

Hmm. This is more than just fixing imports. Were these lines reformatted
because they were touching the modified import lines? Anything other than
changes to the import statements will require extra time / mental energy to
review.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1420#pullrequestreview-1953540892
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1420#discussion_r1534760606
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1420#discussion_r1534761136