On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 05:13:44PM +0900, SATOH Fumiyasu wrote:
>I've revised the patch for master to check if the listener initialization
>suceeds or not. With this patch, `slapd -d0` can return non-zero exit code
>if the listener initialization fails, thus systemd can detect slapd.service
>startup failure.

Nice catch! That change looks correct to me, but I hope Howard will
check it too. Actually it's probably relevant for any init system;
possibly worth splitting out as its own commit?

Just checking, do you plan to add the service file and its installation
(conditional on enabled systemd support) in this branch as well, or
should I work on that myself if I want it?

Thanks!