Spencer Oliver wrote:
>> This works with a configured 72 MHz clock on the target,
>> in my case from the preprogrammed board test application.
>>
>> The performance of the target flash controller is now the main
>> limiting factor.
>>

> I would commit this aswell, this could also be applied to the arm4_5 target.
>
> Currently we save/restore the registers after every algorithm run - during a
> flash write this could mean multiple runs to complete. I would like to
> change the scheme so that we save at the start of a flash algorithm and
> restore when programming is fully complete.
>
> Cheers
> Spen

Saving the registers is automatic when the algorithm halts (debug_entry
code) and I dont want to mess with that unnecessarily.

Alternatively we use some communications while the algorithm is running
to download the next block, dcc communications  or for Cortex-M3 we can
write directly to RAM while the algoritm is processing the first block.
The slight problem with this is that download speed (jtag_khz) must be
decreased  to avoid overruns due to  both target cpu and  swjdp
accessing RAM at the same time.  For this we need the separation of
run_algorithm into two phases with inner phase (run_it) dependent of the
operation that armv4_5 uses.

Regards
Magnus