Here is my last comment for tonight, promise :)

Before we had a setup where it was possible to use inhandlers, or to not
use inhadlers and place the corresponding logic in the upper layer.

Now inhandlers are supposed to be bad, it is dictated that inhandlers
are bad. I know about the potentioal problems for out of scope
variables, but that happens with all asynchronous code.  That is never
problem free. And USB interfaces are asynchronous, and distributed
systems even more so.

One example is that should realy show this is to read a big block of
chars in cortex-m3 code, that is to call the
arm_adi_v5.c;mem_ap_read_buf_packed_u8 with a big block of data.

Another one (I think) is reading all core registers on ARM7/9, here we
do 16 in scans  of a bitreversed  scanchain. So this can definetly
affect single stepping with a USB interface.

As you see, I am not tryong to kill your idea, but I still really thik
the old solution is very nice.

Regards, and good night :)
Magnus