On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:

>   I said I didn't want to start a flamewar and provided there has been, at
> least, a slight interest on my messages, I'll try to clear up some point and
> leave the thread alone.

I cannot resist correcting you on one point though.

[...]
>   That benchmark is not taking into account wire protocol, very important for
> operations like clone, where I think Mercurial is more efficient.

All VCS comparisons (and not only DVCS_ I've seen, Git always came out
as having the tightest repository format, better than CVS, svN, HG,
Bazaar, etc.  And git uses the same format on thewire for clone transfer
or even for bringing your local copy up to date.  And I happen to know a
bit about this since a significant part of the Git code involved in
transfer operations is actually mine.

So I don't really believe that Mercurial is more efficient in that
regard.

Nicolas